Professional Liability & Licensure
Lawyers need their own experienced, understanding and zealous lawyers when faced with a malpractice lawsuit or allegations of an ethical breach. At Cipriani & Werner, our professional liability attorneys defend other lawyers in a variety of situations.
The C&W team offers decades of experience in the specialized area of professional liability. Whether retained directly or in connection with an insurance carrier, we approach all matters with professionalism, efficiency and the level of aggression necessary to match our client’s goals. Our involvement in professional associations, participation in industry training and conferences, as well as our expansive national network of similarly situated practitioners, allows us to remain vigilant as to emerging issues impacting lawyer liability and risk management – all of which allows us to better serve our lawyer-clients.
Our legal services to lawyers and their firms include:
- Defense of legal malpractice lawsuits
- Defense of wrongful use of civil proceedings (Dragonetti Act) / abuse of process
- Pre-suit claim repair assistance
- Subpoena and deposition assistance
- Analysis of conflicts of interest
- Risk management presentations / newsletters
- Explanation of LPL policy issues
- Defense of ethics complaints
Whether the goal is early settlement or trial, lawyers in need of effective professional liability representation can be assured that the dedicated attorneys at C&W will advance their unique interests at all times. Allow our committed team to provide assistance, so that you can return your attention to your own practice of law.